Thursday, June 17, 2010

MOM!

Don't you feel awful when your kids are sick?  I wish I could take their pain and misery for them.  My youngest has had a stomach virus for the past 2 days and is still feeling bad.  Moms you know the sound of the Cry, it differs from all other cries.  The Cry when you know to grab the trash can.  Why is it at night the fever goes up and all the other yucky stuff ( I won't describe) all gets worse?  I guess God gives us moms extra stamina to withstand the sleepless nights and days as well.  My son needs me to just be with him.  I put my wants aside and just sit or lay beside him and hug him if he needs me to.  Sometimes I joke that my kids are very needy, and they are, they need me, their Mom.  That's why we are Moms.  If not for them then we wouldn't be Mom.  The stumbling to the bathroom with them (I don't even think  my eyes are open at times) , then the sound, you know the sound, of throw up hitting the floor ( I still panic when I here the water running in the bathroom at night).  Cody thinks I'm crazy!  Maybe so, I wasn't before I was a Mom.  Last year, both of the boys had a terrible stomach virus at the same time.  I didn't think I would ever catch up on sleep after that.  It was like a nightmare!!  Billy was so sick he hardly woke up to throw up, then right back to sleep while I was left, not really awake myself, cleaning up only to it starting all over again as soon as my head hit the pillow.  I stay at home so I take care of all of the kid stuff so Dad can get rested for work the next day.  I'm thankful I don't have to worry about calling in sick and feeling guilty.  I am sooo thankful to my husband for working sooo hard to make it all happen this way.  I have never been one to be able to handle the responsibility of both home and kids and husband and working outside of the home.  I have nearly had a nervous break down when I have tried.  For some reason I just don't handle all of it at all.  My hat goes off to those of you who do all of it!!  You totally Rock!!
I Believe in You! You are an Awesome MOM! Let's keep up all the hard work, it will all be worth it soon.


God Bless You,


Shari (MOB)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment