Friday, February 4, 2011

We have had over 12 inches of snow in the past 4 days.  School  has been out for 4 days and  we are getting a little bored of the same thing everyday.  My car cannot go anywhere it's totally snowed in.  It's been taco soup and cookies and lots of cartoons and today it's the Dukes of Hazzard all afternoon, woo hoo!!  Everyone asks where Billy got his accent, I think from watching the Dukes!  Oh no! CMT got it wrong, Dukes are not on all afternoon, it's other stuff, Booooo.  ha ha.  I can get by without watching the Dukes all afternoon but Billy is disappointed. I guess we will have to watch our Dukes of Hazzard dvds.
It's snowing again!  It's really pretty from the window! I went out for a while yesterday with Billy and we were going to have a snowball fight but the snow is too powdery.  Billy made a small one and hit me right in the neck and it went down my shirt so I was done.  Sorry, but I was a sore loser, and it was very cold!
Billy keeps wanting to let in our 14 yr old Lab, Holly.  She smells really, really Bad!  I just don't want the house stinking. We let in our Golden Retriever, Sweedie, she has had 2 baths in the last couple of weeks so she isn't so smelly.   She is a really good watch dog, she stays with Billy all the time.  She nearly got Cody last week when he acted like he was going to get Billy.  It scared us  to death.  Boys are constantly messing around.  I think Sweedie convinced Cody to take it easy from now on.  


Here's the recipe for my Taco Soup:

2lbs of hamburger
1 large can of diced tomatoes
2 cans of rotel
1 can of pinto beans
1 can of ranch beans
1 can of dark red kidney beans
1 can of black beans
1 can of white hominy
1 pkg of ranch dressing mix
1 pkg of taco seasoning 
1 onion

Brown the hamburger meat and add the onion,  when meat is totally browned  add all the other ingredients and 3-4 cans of water and cook for 1 hour.  It's gets better the next day because all the flavors combine together.  Serve with shredded cheese (whatever kind you like)we eat colby/jack,  and tostitos.    
This is so easy, I love one pot dinners.  It makes so much, you'll be able to eat on it for days, or freeze the left overs for later.   

No comments:

Post a Comment