Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quiet Time

I have a little time to myself before the guys get home.  Cody is working and Marvin and Billy went to the woods to check on some traps.  All my guys love to go to the woods and just explore.  As for me, not so much.  I'm kinda a girlie girl.  I don't really like getting dirty, except for gardening, I do like that.  It's sooo quiet I don't know what to do with myself.  Goldie, our gold fish is jumping up and telling me he is hungry, he splashes when it's time to feed him.  The weather has been so nice this week, spring like temps.  What a nice change from the snow and below 0 temps of the week before. 
I just found out Billy has to go back on the gluten free diet again.  I hoped he wouldn't have to stay on that diet, but no such luck.  We had to start this diet several yrs ago, but last year went off it for some testing.  It's really a big change in the way we eat.  He loves pizza and now we can't just pick up the phone and order Mazzios anymore.  I have to get some special gluten free crust from the Health Store and make it for him.  No regular bread, pastas, cookies, donuts, etc., anything convenient is out.  I really don't like to cook, I do cook, but I don't like it, now I have to cook all the time.  No more stopping by and getting burgers for dinner or (did I mention) Pizza!  It seems like that's all I think about is what to feed Billy and what not to feed Billy.  It totally consumes me.  He can't eat at school, I have to send his lunch everyday.  No more granola bars for breakfast, boo.  Oh well, I just have to suck it up and roll my sleeves up and get busy cooking.  I suppose it's good for me to get up a little earlier in the mornings, but not to cook would be great.  Pray for our family, we need some guidance and strength and maybe a little prayer for me to enjoy cooking would be nice, too.  Any gluten free recipes would be appreciated.  

Thanks, 
Shari 
Mom of Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment