Friday, May 7, 2010

Brotherly Love

My boys are 9 1/2 yrs apart.  They very rarely get along.  Most nights when they are both home it's some kind of arguing and then crying and then I get angry and just feel like giving up.  Sometimes it seems like a hopeless task to try to help them get along and do things together.  I don't seem to have much imagination or creativity anymore so I have a hard time coming up with ideas of things for them to do.  I don't know if it's all boys or what, but mine are very active and get bored easily.  I on the other hand never get bored and don't like to have to do stuff.  We are total opposites.  I only wish I had just a little bit of their energy.  Conflict is something I can't stand,  and arguing just makes me crazy.  I am pretty quiet and my boys are pretty loud. We are constantly having to tell Billy to use his inside voice and Cody plays the television and music so loud I can't even think.  Why is this? I wonder why most kids are so loud?  When I used to substitute at school that was one of the worse parts, the loud chaos! In the high school it was the sneaky stuff that worried me.  Middle school, well, I don't really have the words for them, they are a combination of it all.  It was always the boys that were getting into everything, climbing, running, and whatever else you can think of  and they were doing it.  I prayed for a boy, and I got two.  I have a sister (she was quite a tomboy) but I really didn't know anything about boys. What a difference in boys and girls. From the way they eat to how they play and so on, and so on.  Mine are so far apart,  I have one in elementary and another in high school.  I have to say I'd take the terrible two's back any day.  I think I already said that before, but it's so true.  Having a teenage boy is like living in a nightmare.  It's not occasionally a catastrophe happens, it's weekly, sometimes daily.  Boys are such daredevils and adventurous believe me prayer is a constant thing.  God says never cease praying, and trust me I have gotten to the point that even when I wake up at night I find myself praying really without even thinking about it.  It just happens.  Psalms 91 is just a part of my daily routine.  I just insert my boys names. 
He (Cody and Billy) who dwells in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty.  I (Cody and Billy) will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.  Surely He shall deliver you(Cody and Billy) from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence.  He shall cover you (Cody and Billy) with his feathers, and under his wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your (Cody and Billy's) shield and buckler.  You (Cody and Billy) shall not be afraid of the terror by night, nor of the arrow that flies by day, nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness, nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.  
A thousand may fall at your(Cody and Billy's) side, and then thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.  Only with your eyes shall you look and see the reward of the wicked.  
Because you(Cody and Billy) have make the Lord, who is my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you(Cody and Billy), to keep you in all your ways.  In their hands they shall bear you(Cody and Billy) up, lest you dash your foot against a stone.  You(Cody and Billy) shall tread upon the lion and the cobra, the young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot. 
Because he(Cody and Billy) has set his(their) love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him(them); I will set them on high, because they have known My name.  He(Cody and Billy) shall call upon me, and I will answer him(them);  I will be with him(Cody and Billy) in trouble; I will deliver him(Cody and Billy) and honor him(Cody and Billy).  With long life I will satisfy him(Cody and Billy) and show him(Cody and Billy) My salvation.  


AMEN.


p.s. Please keep Billy and I in your prayers Monday.  We will be traveling to OK City to the OU pediatrics hospital for some testing on Billy.  He has tummy aches all the time and the doctors want to test him for Chrons Disease.  Please join with me in prayer for this situation.  Please pray for our safe trip.  Thanks!!
My God Bless and Keep You and May He make His Face to Shine Upon You!!

 Shari








No comments:

Post a Comment