Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Friendliest Boy

OK, since I started my blogs the weather has been awful and our internet hasn't worked but just here and there.   So whenever it is working I will have to try my best to write because I never know when it will go out.  So my apologies.

When my 7 yr old got in the car after school he reached in his bag and pulled out an award he received that day.  It said, " The Friendliest Boy".  I was so happy to read that!  His teacher had recently told me how he had encouraged another classmate who was having a hard time.  She said she saw him put his arm around the other student and tell them, " It will be alright, you can do it".  He is really an encourager.  He knows just the right thing to say and the right time to say it.  He has encouraged me so many times.  He is very in tune to  others are feeling and has a HUGE heart.  He is my child who I can reason with and explain something to and he gets it and is easy to handle. He likes outside, but if he has to stay in because of the weather or whatever he is okay with that too.  He is a pleaser.  He will argue until the death if necessary, though.  My older one, bless his heart (and mine for being his mom) doesn't argue or say much but will do whatever he has his mind on and not make a fuss about it.  All of the sudden he will be gone on one of his ideas and I won't hear from him without texting him until my fingers are about to fall off. He is a charmer though. Handsome as can be and a true boy(almost man). He has always been a magnet to mud, to this very day.  He is the daredevil.  I blame myself for letting him watch to much Tool Time, with Tim the tool man, remember that show.  Isn't it crazy how much children differ?  I find myself constantly comparing them, instead of focusing on what uniqueness' they have to offer.  I must encourage them each in their different ways.   They both have wonderful things to offer to the world, but in different ways.  I must learn to  encourage their gifts and help them grow and develop into the men God called them to be. 

Lord, help me and all the other moms of boys to see our boys potentials and gifts and unique personalities.  Help us to encourage them and mold them in the ways you want them to go.  Give us strength and wisdom to be great moms.  Bless all the moms and their boys and help them to develop close relationships with you and with each other.  In Jesus name, Amen.  


Bless You, 
Shari
 

No comments:

Post a Comment